Re: xml:base (was Re: IRI meets RDF meets HTTP redirect)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:38:41 +0100
To: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
CC: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org, www-international@w3.org

I think the chain of references is clear, particularly if we include the
PER:

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-element-node
[[
base-uri
     Set to the value of element information item property [base URI].
]]

http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#intro.baseURIs
[[
The value of these properties does not reflect any URI escaping that may
be required for retrieval of the resource, but it may include escaped
characters if these were specified in the document, or returned by a
server in the case of redirection.
]]

http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PER-xmlbase-20061220/#escaping
[[
percent-encoding must occur as late as possible
]]

Qed

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited