Re: xml:base (was Re: IRI meets RDF meets HTTP redirect)

If I have understood the disagreement here it is about what a processor
is and when the conversion discussed in XML Base actually happens.
>From the previous messages I have understood that the PER has (will
have?) clarified that the processor being discussed is one that is
actually doing a GET on the IRI, and that the base-uri property used
over the infoset is not a URI but an IRI.

The fact that the clarification is needed indicates that both readings
of the current spec are plausible. The RDF Test Cases include the
example that Dave previously pointed to, to indicate that RDF Core
impose the 'as late as possible' reading onto XML Base, at least for
RDF/XML (perhaps - I haven't followed all the links)

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England