Re: Question about ontology query languages... (please reply!!!)

From: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:38:40 -0500
To: semantic-web@w3.org
On 4/11/07, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:

> If you are building the ontology yourself, you could use a transitive
> role in the ontology (e.g., for is-a), then a standard sparql query
> will do the job (assuming that the store supports it).
>
> There are some query languages that support a transitive closure
> operator in the query, e.g., the one with Kowari/whatever it's called
> now

It's called Mulgara now (due to trademark issues with the Kowari name).

Once we get our SPARQL support running we'll probably try to create a
compatible superset with functions like transitivity included.  Until then,
you have to use the built in language of TQL (which works fine, but isn't a
standard like SPARQL is).

Paul