RE: A URI for your Favourite Pub: httpRange-14 Question

Hey Chris, Richard, Danny, Daniel,

Thanks for your responses, that's much much clearer now. For the record
my approach will now go something like:

1. mint my own URIs in the mydomain.com namespace, e.g.
http://mydomain.com/things/theredlion

2. configure the server at mydomain.com to respond to dereference
attempts on these URIs with an HTTP303 to something like
http://mydomain.com/things/theredlion/about whereupon the information I
hold about the thing is returned.

3. perform content negotiation on "about" pages such that RDF or HTML is
returned depending on the capabilities of the useragent.

4. use foaf:homepage and rdfs:seeAlso (or equivalent human-readable text
in the HTML version) in the "about" documents/pages to make the link
between the thing and its homepage.

I hope this is at least a reasonable approximation of "the right way to
do it" ;)

Cheers,

Tom.