RE: "Hash URIs" and content negotiation

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:31:52 -0500
To: "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: <danbri@danbri.org>, "'Richard Cyganiak'" <richard@cyganiak.de>, "'Semantic Web'" <semantic-web@w3.org>

- Alan

> Don't know. Personally I prefer when a list of available
> languages is listed on the web page and I click where I want
> to go. This seems to be the current practice.

Then you would need to give one resourse multiple identifiers. Then, how can
someone know that http://www.example.com is the same as
http://www.english.example.com and http://www.chinese.example.com and ....?
I am not sure how many languages there are in the world, but to list all of
thems on every page does not seem to be an elegant solution to me, would you
agree?

Xiaoshu