Re: "Hash URIs" and content negotiation

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:32:19 -0500
Cc: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: danbri@danbri.org

On Nov 7, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> You're very right of course, it's problematic to conneg in context
> of such URIs. This is why I always preferred slash URIs! Ah well...

Personally, I can't tell why content negotiation is a good idea in
any context. To my mind it's hiding interesting information in the
innards of a network protocol instead having it explicitly available,
in say, OWL or RDF.

If you think I'm way wrong, please do flame me. I'd like to be able
to see that it *is* a good idea, if that's possible.

-Alan