Re: Passing on a question

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:54:52 +0100
To: "Eric Hoffer" <erichoffer@yahoo.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, john.breslin@deri.org, rdfweb-dev <rdfweb-dev@vapours.rdfweb.org>
On 01/11/06, Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us> wrote:
"Do you know of any providers of social networking software that is
based on semantic web architectures such as RDF, OWL, or Topic Maps?"

Assuming you mean along the lines of Friendster, I can't really think of
any, though e.g. LiveJournal I believe provides FOAF (along the lines Eric
mentioned I guess, templated from an RDBMDS) - I think crschmidt was
involved. DBin does newsgroup-like social stuff using RDF.

Don't forget to try #foaf on irc.freenode.net, and there's alway the the
FOAF list (cc'd).

Time you built one ;-)

Cheers,
Danny.