How much should RDF represent data ?

From: Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@unimib.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:18:45 +0200
To: semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Hi,

I'd like to hear some comment on the following issue:
Where is the limit between information and meta-information in RDF ?

RDF can be used  to describe "resources" and meta-information
relating them, but at the same time it can be used to "encapsulate"
all infromation and not only meta-information (sorry for my wording,
I hope this is understeandable enough).

Which do you think it's the most appropriate use ?

When RDF is used to represent OWL, there is also some easy
misunderstanding possible, since a piece of information represented
in a file is intuitevely closed-world. But this is may not really be
important....

best,
Andrea