Re: Showing the Semantic Web

hi Danny, all,

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Danny Ayers wrote:

> It's been noted recently that we need to do more showing than telling [1,2].
>
> So here's a little chirpy call for (pointers to) -
>
> 1. any very practical tutorial material (which I'll add to [3])
>
> 2. applications with clear, immediate utility, which ideally are
> publicly accessible (which will hopefully call for another list, maybe
> on the ESW Wiki)

This is my chance to suggest that people add these to an existing page

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebDOAPBulletinBoard

- you'll need to create a DOAP[1] file for them - but that should be easy
for people on this list :-)

Full instructions are on the page, as well as xslt to scrape the page
where there are a bunch of files already - though not all will be
appropriate for your use Danny.

This is an attempt by Semantic Web Best Practices Applications and Demos
Taskforce to eat its own dogfood [2], [3], [4]

Libby

[1] Description of a project: http://usefulinc.com/doap
[2] SWBP A&D page:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebBestPracticesTaskForceOnApplicationsAndDemos
[3] some links for others to scrape the page:
http://swig.xmlhack.com/2006/01/16/2006-01-16.html#1137412628.757237
[4] demo (a bit broken, fixes in progress)
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/adtf/