Re: Announcement: Firefox Navibar Extension 0.10

Jeremy Wong 黃泓量 wrote:

> Why do you use the IRI "urn:sitemap:root" as the starting-point of your
> software's navigation? I think you should use the "rdfs:Class" facility
> instead of defining the use of any specific IRI...

The short answer is, that i never mentioned exactly this question.

The long answer is, that during writing of the specification i thought
of using OWL as theoreticaly the best format to represent the ontology
of a website. Unfortunately Firefox do not supprt any OWL or RDFS and
instead i decide to use simple RDF. It was only of practical reasons
that i chose RDF. (Yes, RDF and RDFS could be combined, but at the time
of writing i want a strict separation)

I know that the NNS format has some faults and from my point of view NNS
is not intended to be an official standard format for the internet
although it has some interesting ideas. For example the "container" and
"embedded" elements which complements each other. If any container or
emebedded element would be named like a Class is namend in RDFS, it
would be similar to RDFS but without using RDFS.

To my regret, i do not know much of the current OWL/RDFS/RDF/... trends
and on going works. So, please tell me what practical advantage users
and programms(or programmers) would have if the format would use
rdfs:Class instead of the IRI "urn:sitemap:root" to define the starting
point of the Sitemaps graph.

Markus