Re: [tangle] getting the semweb exactly wrong

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 22:31, Dave Beckett wrote:
> Interesting.  Note that Redland's current SPARQL implementation makes
> no use of underlying database technology as the query engine (in
> Rasqal) is just operating over the triple view of the redland stores.
>  Rewriting direct to SQL is on the list of things to do.  An
> alternative is to use the 3store v3 backend to redland which has it's
> own SPARQL to SQL engine and store.

Yup, I'm sure, and I'm sure we have a lot to look forward to! :-) Right
now, I don't require so much performance, but surely I will in the
future. So, I'm placing my bets on you and the community as a whole for
that! Importantly, by tieing things to SPARQL and the SPARQL protocol,
everything underneath can be rewritten and optimised if need be. Of
course, it would be desireable to have a standard protocol to add stuff
to the model as well, but we can take that later. If there is a promise
that things can improve, I'm perfectly content. And I'll see what I can
do to assist.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer