Re: RDF tools as workhorse

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:10:09 +0100
To: Richard Newman <holygoat@gmail.com>

Richard Newman wrote:

>> 2) Scalability -- Our triplestore would be HUGE.  I'd estimate  10-20
>> Million triples.  Is that small or large in RDF circles?
>
> That's fairly large. Leigh Dodds will have something to say on this
> topic, having used very large sets of triples.

Our store is pretty big -- its about 200M triples.

We're currently using Jena on Postgres. For our needs this worked out
better than Jena/MySQL, Sesame, and Kowari.

(SPARQL/RDQL) Query performance times are pretty patchy and poor across
the board. Direct resource lookups are generally very fast though.

 From our testing we found that a store backed with a relational database
proved to be the most stable and easiest to manage.

Cheers,

L.

--
Home: http://www.ldodds.com      | "Simplicity is the ultimate