Re: why are properties decoupled from classes

Danny Ayers wrote:

snip

> A little tangential question, do you think this suggests that the
> "OntoWorker" kind of approach makes more sense, disposing of
> scruffiness like literals and (XSD-styled) datatypes...or does the
> pragmatic value of those things clearly outweigh having a more easily
> manageable formal model?

"OntoWorker"????  (point me to a description)

However, if you mean do I think we ought to replace all literals with
URIs, then I don't (and I don't think using literals necessarily creates
a less easily manageable formal model either).  I had some more to say
on this general subject in a message responding to some comments about
the RDF Primer:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2004JanMar/0052.html
I still think the verdict is out on this stuff.

Cheers,

--Frank