RE: Mustangs vs myMustang

Hi Valentin and Dick,

I came with this question because in our ISO 15926 modelling team we have
been puzzled by this for some time. Ford Company and myMustang are
individuals in space-time, the Class "Mustangs" isn't.

If I have understood RDF and OWL well, Ford Company and myMustang are in
defined in RDF, and the Class "Mustangs" is defined in OWL (as a subClassOf
Car). That creates a kind of "cross-over" Property isManufacturerOf  between
the RDF domain (Ford) and the OWL domain (Mustangs) that is not allowed.

So, we create an owl:Thing "Mustangs" that is typed with the owl:Class
"Mustangs", and is the "extent" of that Class. Right? Now we need to create
the owl:Property isManufacturerOf, as Dick has illustrated below. However,
defining an intersection in RDF is not allowed.  myMustang isn't a Class.

How do we untie this knot?

Regards,

Hans

PS to Dick: CarBrand is different from what I meant with Mustangs.