Re: Why Literals should be unique and why this is a serious issue

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:22:15 +0100
To: Hans Teijgeler <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>
Cc: Stefano Debenedetti <ste@demaledetti.net>, semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>

If an extra kind of unique literals were adopted, wouldn't it get a
bit messy working with these alongside Web resources?

There can be multiple representations of a single resource, e.g.
someone's homepage in different languages. So wouldn't e.g.
cardinality restrictions on a property mean different things according
to whether the object was a literal or resource?

(I must confess I'm not sure where the logicians are at on the general
question - literals as subjects etc).

Cheers,
Danny.

--