Re: tagging, scope, sweeping statements

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:30:53 +0200
To: Stan James <sjames@uni-osnabrueck.de>
Cc: Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>, semantic-web@w3.org

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:27:34 +0200, Stan James <sjames@uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

> Yes, my other thought was to add a special "import_bookmark" tag, but
> that runs the risk of users accidentally using the tag, and it seems odd
> to use a tag as (effectively) a processing direction.

It may be coincidence but when I first got Gmail I set up a load of
labels for various mailing lists. I planned to use the obvious one for
the Technical Architecture Group. Except that went a little
differently than the others. I got a label __NEW_LABEL__ with which
the tag posts were tagged. I tried again a week or two later, and now
have a "tag" tag, but I suspect I caught a
not-quite-thought-it-through bug.

--

http://dannyayers.com