Re: Announcement: RDF Content Labels

Hi Phil,

just had a quick glance at the content labels docs,
looks very interesting. I may be able to send more
detailed comments when I find the time to read the
whole stuff, just one thing I spotted:

- label:unionOf/intersectionOf are described as
  properties, but I think the way they are used
  inside an rdf collection makes them a class,
  e.g.:
[[
   <label:Ruleset>
      <label:rules rdf:parseType="Collection">
         <label:unionOf rdf:ID="rule1">
            <label:hasURI>ads</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasURI>banners</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasLabel rdf:resource="#label_2" />
         </label:unionOf>
         <label:intersectionOf rdf:ID="rule2">
            <label:hasURI>special-add-server</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasURI>customer_info</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasLabel rdf:resource="#label_2" />
         </label:intersectionOf>
      </label:rules>
   </label:Ruleset>
]]
would ceate the (pseudo-)triples
[[
   label:Ruleset label:rules _:list1
   _:list1 rdf:first #rule1
   #rule1 rdf:type label:unionOf
   _:list1 rdf:rest _:list2
   _:list2 rdf:first #rule2
   #rule2 rdf:type label:intersectionOf
   _:list2 rdf:rest rdf:nil
]]

not sure how to model this though, maybe just
[[
   <label:Ruleset>
      <label:rules rdf:parseType="Collection">
         <label:UnionRule rdf:ID="rule1">
            <label:hasURI>ads</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasURI>banners</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasLabel rdf:resource="#label_2" />
         </label:UnionRule>
         <label:IntersectionRule rdf:ID="rule2">
            <label:hasURI>special-add-server</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasURI>customer_info</label:hasURI>
            <label:hasLabel rdf:resource="#label_2" />
         </label:IntersectionRule>
      </label:rules>
   </label:Ruleset>
]]
to say that rule1 needs one condition to match,
and rule2 all conditions in order to apply another
label.

(Maybe changing "hasLabel" to "applyLabel" could
make the difference between conditions (matching URI)
and effects (change label) more obvious, but of course
that's only what a non-machine would say.. ;)

hth,
benjamin

--
Benjamin Nowack