Re: SemWeb Non-Starter -- Distributed URI Discovery

On 24.03.2005 09:24:58, Denny Vrandecic wrote:

>Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> > On 22.03.2005 18:18:22, Stephen Rhoads wrote:
> >>So, with that settled, let’s restate the problem:
> >>
> >>At present, there is no formal, generalized mechanism whereby a Web
> >>Agent, upon discovery of a URI, and lacking knowledge about that URI,
> >>can query the Originator of the URI in order to obtain an RDF
> >>description of the URI.
> >
> > True, unfortunately. I was hoping the SWBPD WG (or DAWG) would address
> > this issue but I'm not sure if they're going to.
>
>I think the problem is actually solved: there's rdfs:seeAlso and
>rdfs:isDefinedBy, and well, just look up the URI there.
see my reply to max, stephen's semweb agent unfortunately doesn't
have an rdfs:seeAlso yet. All it starts with is a single URI.

Imagine a bot with a T-Shirt:
[[
   I was lost on the Semantic Web,
   and all they gave me was this stupid URI.
]]
Now, what should the bot do next?

;)
benjamin