Re: Statements about statements -- Help needed!

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:48 +0100, Russell Duhon <fugu13@mac.com> wrote:

> The reification approach would likely be a good bet.
>
>  I've worked up a quick example, working from content in your model
> draft ( http://www.iptc.org/
> NAR/1.0/specification/DRAFT-NAR_1.0-spec-Model_12.pdf ) and an example
> in the RDF Primer.
>
>  Here's how it might look (fragmentary, of course):
>  random:triple1 rdf:type    rdf:Statement .
> random:triple1 rdf:subject   random:item42 .
> random:triple1 rdf:predicate   newsml:provider .
> random:triple1 rdf:object   "iptc.org"^^xsd:string .
> random:triple1 newsml:confidence  "0.4"^^xsd:float .

Earlier drafts of EARL actually took this approach. While it is
functionally pretty similar, we moved away from it because it seemed just
a tiny bit more complex to explain, and it really got quite complicated if
you wanted to talk about a set of statements.

Cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com