RE: How will the semantic web emerge

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:05:06 -0800
To: "Frank Manola" <fmanola@acm.org>, "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: <semantic-web@w3.org>

> More generally, it depends on your general approach to describing
things
> on the Web.  You can use RDF with a kind of object-oriented design

Frank,

Your entire message described the debate precisely -- I think of it as
O-O versus Lisp.  I think that the O-O style (strongly typed) will never
be the mainstream.  For semweb to be as commonplace as WWW, we need bare
naked triples, like lisp.  Just as I can hyperlink to a page, whether
that page is valid, alive, or ever existed; I must be able to read a
predicate, whether that resource is properly typed or not.