How will the semantic web emerge

From: Asankhaya Sharma <asankhaya@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:50:52 -0800 (PST)
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Hi,
Everyone seems to be talking about what the semantic
web will be like and how the applications like
semantic web search will change the way we get our
search results and supplement. But can someone tell
me.. How will the semantic web emerge... The web is so
large already that we cannot expect people to start
making thier sites machine readable one fine morning..
Are any projects going on which can retrive
information from the present web and create ontologies
for use on semantic web?

Regards
Asankhaya Sharma
http://asankhaya.blogspot.com