Re: How to integrate semantic web in a real application

Hi Fabien,

Here are a few general stories for why you'd want to use RDF in some
system:

1. You want to decentralize data in a way that no single party "owns"
all the data (think FOAF vs. the big social networking silos)

2. You want to integrate data from different sources without custom
programming

3. You want to offer your data for re-use by other parties

4. You want to do something fancy with large amounts of data (browse,
query, match, input, extract, ...), so you develop (or re-use) a
generic tool that allows you to do this on top of the RDF data model
(which has the advantage of not being tied to a proprietary data
storage/representation technology, like a certain database dialect).

(These are more about plain RDF(S) than OWL.)

Anybody got other good ones?

Richard