How to integrate semantic web in a real application

From: Fabien Schwob <skink@evhr.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:37:31 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Hello,

I'm quite interested in the web semantic and I have already tried to
used each part of it (OWL, XML, RDF) independently. But now, I would
like to go a little further. My goal is to integrate the semantic web in
a new web site I'm developing.

The project is a small web site which make a list of video games players
and allow the user to search them with various criteria. How can I do
that ? I've tried to think about it but it's not very clear in my mind.
Here is some of the ideas I've found :

- Modeling the domain using OWL : what is a constructor, what is a game,
what is a game type, etc. But what can I do with this file ? Making
query : it's really like a DB, so what's the advantage of using OWL ?

- Using FOAF to publish the link between the users ? It's a little simple.

So, have you some ideas to resolve my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Fabien SCHWOB