Re: HTML5 conversion : progress report

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 10:45:00AM +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
> I have now completed the conversion of the XSLT 3.0 spec to HTML5, the result can be viewed at the usual locations:
>
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xslt-30/html/Overview.html
>
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xslt-30/html/Overview-diff.html
>
> I think there's a bit of fine-tuning to do on the tables, but it generally seems to look OK. Let me know if there are any aspects of the rendition that appear particularly ugly (or indeed, incorrect).
>
> The resulting files validate as HTML5, and this was achieved without needing to reintroduce the HTML tidy step - it just needed a few stylesheet tweaks, and some minor corrections to the source XML (e.g. not putting a Note inside a paragraph).

Thanks Mike.

I have tried pubrules on the result, it's complaining that the process revision
sentence is missing the id

I suggest this addition to the 'loc' template in xmlspec-2016.xsl:

     <xsl:if test="@id">
        <xsl:attribute name="id">
          <xsl:value-of select="@id"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
     </xsl:if>
     <xsl:if test="@rel">
        <xsl:attribute name="rel">
          <xsl:value-of select="@rel"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
     </xsl:if>

And put an id in the <loc> element:
<loc id="w3c_process_revision"
href="https://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/">

The 'rel' attribute is used in the <loc> element for the status of
patent disclosures (currently removed at the html generation, the pubrules
checker is going to complain about its absence).

May I check in this into xmlspec-2016.xsl?