Re: F+O spec : function finder

On Sun, 2016-11-13 at 17:54 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
> I have experimentally replaced the "Quick Contents" index in the F+O
> spec with a "function finder" dropdown above the table of contents.
>
> Let me know if you have strong reactions either way.

It's a good idea; soe relatively minor issues:

I wasn't able to tab into it, suggesting there may be accessibility
issues.

I wonder if it would be better to have a page under www.w3.org/XML some
where (or in expath) that pointed people not only to F&O but to
functions defined in XSLT or XQuery?? E.g. there's no fn:current()
there (of course, although I always wished that was part of XPath).

The dropdown box partly obscures the heading "FUNCTION FINDER" for me
(firefox).

Does it work OK without JavaScript? It didn't seem to for me,
suggesting the form should be inserted into the document using
JavaScript.

Liam