Re: ACTION 614-12: Smart Quotes

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
>
> It can also occur in XQuery already outside of smart quote expressions, as for that matter can <<< and >>>.

I don’t think that it needs to be impossible but just sufficiently rare (whatever that means).  I was basically making the point that “]>” may not be sufficiently rare in HTML based on my small experiment.

But I am curious, did you have a valid query in mind that contains <<< or >>>?  I can see that it is possible (e.g. $x<<<f/>) but I can’t picture it in XQuery syntax that users might actually write.

Thanks,
Josh