Re: ISSUE-49: is anySimpleType a Basic Patterns type?

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:13:50 +0100
To: "Databinding WG" <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Original Message From: "Databinding Issue Tracker" <dean+cgi@w3.org>

> ISSUE-49: is anySimpleType a Basic Patterns type?
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/49
>
> Raised by: Paul Downey
> On product: Basic
>
> The xs:anySimpleType isn't well supported by many databinding tools.
>
> Proposal:
>
> don't include xs:anySimpleType in our basic patterns document

My recollection is that xs:anySimpleType can be readily mapped to a string.
More importantly it can be easily parsed as if it was a regular
element/attribute value.

On the other hand, xs:anyType (<xs:element name="x"/>) requires 'special'
parsing and I would expect to be more problematic for tools.

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
                         for XML to C++ data binding visit