RE: ISSUE-49: is anySimpleType a Basic Patterns type?

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:57:58 +0100
To: <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>, <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

Hi Pete

> My recollection is that xs:anySimpleType can be readily mapped to a string.
> More importantly it can be easily parsed as if it was a regular
> element/attribute value.

"can" being the operative word here - "can" and "should" is the
bar for Advanced Patterns, whereas "is in practice" is the
bar we're using for the Basic Patterns.

You might, for example, like to try generating code from a Schema
using xs:anySimpleType with the Microsoft .NET 1.1 wsdl.exe
and xsd.exe tools ...