ISSUE-41: annotation and documentation elements as basic patterns

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 16:21:53 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-41: annotation and documentation elements as basic patterns

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/41

Raised by: Paul Downey
On product: Basic

The input document makes no mention of the xs:documentation or xs:annotation
elements, and yet these are useful, in common use. I'm also
unaware of any interoperability issues with documentation.

Note appInfo annotations may introduce issues and are in-scope for
our Advanced patterns.

Proposal:

The Basic patterns document allows appearance of annotation
and documentation elements throughout other valid patterns,
i.e. we allow in Basic Patterns conformant schemas:

//xs:annotation/xs:documentation/{xs:any}