Schema imports in MinimalConformance

From: Xavier Franc <xfranc@online.fr>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:50:41 +0100
To: public-xqts-comments@w3.org

Dear XQTS developers,

There are still many "import schema" declarations in MinimalConformance
tests (around 250, nearly 2%).

These tests will always fail with an implementation that does not
support Schema:
"If an XQuery implementation does not support the Schema Import Feature,
it MUST raise a static error [err:XQST0009] if it encounters a schema
import."

IMHO those tests should be moved into the "Optional" part, rather than
be adorned with an "expected-error" clause.

I am looking forward to seeing this done in the 1.0 version.

Best regards.

PS: I intentionally dont add a bug into bugzilla: I am not comfortable
with this tool, and I think it is up to the
XQTS developers to manage the bug database. Furthermore there are
already several reports concerning this topic.