W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > August 2012

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 28 August 2012

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:34:07 +0000
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <16474480-2BE0-4393-8226-B50E041507DA@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting 28 August  2012 Distributed Meeting

Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review,  Liaisons, Announcements.

2) Minutes Approval

Approve minutes, 21 August 2012

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/att-0027/minutes-2012-08-21.html

Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 21 August 2012 are approved.

3) PAG Update

Update on PAG status

4) XML Encryption RSA v1.5

CfC to change RSA 1.5 from Required to Optional completed with support for change: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0019.html

proposed RESOLUTION: The XML Security WG agrees to change RSA 1.5 from Required to Optional in XML Encryption 1.1

5) XML Signature key size proposal (ISSUE-233, ACTION-899)

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0028.html

proposed RESOLUTION: The changes related to DSA and RSA key length advice and the update to SP800-57 Part 1 as proposed in  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0028.html are adopted by the WG

6) XML Encryption NIST SP800-56A

proposed RESOLUTION: The WG agrees to update the SP800-56A reference in XML Encryption 1.1 as proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0029.html

7)  Roadmap

Extend to mid-Sept plans for removal of items with interop progressing.

7a) Items planned to be removed from XML Signature 1.1:  OCSPResponse, X509Digest; DEREncodedKeyValue, KeyInfoReference

ACTION-892: Pratik Datta to Check on adding KeyInfoReference

ACTION-902: Scott Cantor to Check whether he can resource an additional implementer (Brent) to complete implementation and interop of XML Signature 1.1 X509Digest; DEREncodedKeyValue, KeyInfoReference, to eliminate issue of same author and to obtain two implementations for these

ACTION-897: Thomas Roessler to Confirm whether two implementations from one author are ok for DEREncodedKeyValue and KeyInfoReference specifically

proposal re OCSPResponse - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0030.html (Premature for formal resolution)

7b) Items planned to be removed from XML Encryption 1.1: AES-128/192/256-pad Symmetric Key Wrap, Key Agreement (ECDH, DH)

Status update on Key Agreement interop.

proposed RESOLUTION: the proposal to move the AES Key Wrap with Padding algorithm  material to an informative appendix, as outlined in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2012Aug/0032.html is accepted by the XML Security WG.

7c) Formatting issue for schema/examples in XML Signature 1.1 introduced with ReSpec v3 change

Indentation missing.

8) Open Action and Issue review

8a) Open Actions

ACTION-238: Thomas Roessler to Draft proposal to add identifiers for ECDSA-RIPEMD, RSA-WHIRLPOOL, ECDSA-WHIRLPOOL to XML Security Algorithms Cross-Reference (follow up to ACTION-222)

ACTION-717: Pratik Datta to Document the Performance improvements with 2.0

ACTION-883: Frederick Hirsch to Review C14N 20 test cases document

ACTION-892: Pratik Datta to Check on adding KeyInfoReference

ACTION-897: Thomas Roessler to Confirm whether two implementations from one author are ok for DEREncodedKeyValue and KeyInfoReference specifically

ACTION-902: Scott Cantor to Check whether he can resource an additional implementer (Brent) to complete implementation and interop of XML Signature 1.1 X509Digest; DEREncodedKeyValue, KeyInfoReference, to eliminate issue of same author and to obtain two implementations for these

ACTION-903: Pratik Datta to Look into creating KeyInfoReference implementation and interop with Scott

ACTION-904: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up to fix formatting of schema/code due to ReSpec update

8b) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.

ACTION-899: Frederick Hirsch to Review and propose changes related to 2010 wording

ACTION-900: Pratik Datta to Contact Magnus regarding key agreement test cases and interop

ACTION-901: Frederick Hirsch to Send message to list regarding OCSPResponse and AES-128/192/256-pad Symmetric Key Wrap

8c) Issue review

[OPEN] ISSUE-233 : Fix in XML Signature and cross-reference advice about 2010 
/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/233 

[OPEN] ISSUE-91 : ECC can't be REQUIRED ; on [XML Security - General] 
/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/91 

[OPEN] ISSUE-122 : Explain peformance improvements and rationale, relationship to earlier work, document, benchmarks ; on [XML Signature 2.0] 
/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/122 

9) Other Business

10) Adjourn

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')

IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec

Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>
---

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 27 August 2012 18:34:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 27 August 2012 18:34:43 GMT