Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1 ( LC-2544) ( LC-2561)

On 9/6/11 9:24 AM, "MURATA Makoto" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>Scott wrote:
>
>> I think it will create confusion to have an import that is unused in a
>> schema (I feel essentially exactly the opposite about it).
>
>It is used by xsd:any.

I don't know what that refers to.

>What do you mean by "break"?  Even if an application does not generate
>signature using XML Signature 1.1, there is nothing wrong in validating
>that signature against the Encryption 1.1 schema that imports the
>Signature
>1.1 schema.

There is if you don't have the 1.1 schema available. Applications MUST
have all schemas on hand and/or have a secure lookup mechanism. You cannot
rely on import locations or schemaLocation hints in real world
applications. Ask the W3C what happens when you do that.

-- Scott