Re: Proposed changes to XML Encryption 1.1 CR Draft

From: Cantor, Scott E. <cantor.2@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:30:30 +0000
To: "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-xmlsec@w3.org" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
On 8/10/11 5:10 PM, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com"
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

>We could argue all these changes are editorial as #1 is advice on proper
>use that reflects what is already in PKCS1.

Based on the discussions I've had, I think we should also rework some of
the text related to the use of each algorithm with different key types. If
you read the wording in the PKCS 1.5 section, it gives you these hints
that can be read to imply that 1.5 is suggested for use with 3DES and OAEP
for AES. But really it just meant that interop required people to support
1.5 with 3DES, not that you should favor it for 3DES if you have a choice.

I can take an action to suggest changes, but I don't have anything
explicit to suggest yet.