RE: The location of <xenc:KeyDerivationMethod>

No, they would not be children of the KeyDerivationMethod since children of the KeyDerivationMethod describes a key derivation algorithm (and its params). Makoto's question is valid, but I am not sure if we need to address it at this point since I would expect that the definition of a any new key agreement method (that requires specific params - note that neither ECDH nor DH does this)  would specify how and where to place its params.

-- Magnus