RE: The location of <xenc:KeyDerivationMethod>

From: Magnus Nystrom <mnystrom@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 04:50:45 +0000
To: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, ext MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
CC: "public-xmlsec@w3.org" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
No, they would not be children of the KeyDerivationMethod since children of the KeyDerivationMethod describes a key derivation algorithm (and its params). Makoto's question is valid, but I am not sure if we need to address it at this point since I would expect that the definition of a any new key agreement method (that requires specific params - note that neither ECDH nor DH does this)  would specify how and where to place its params.

-- Magnus