Proposal for C14N xmlAncestors flag

From: Pratik Datta <pratik.datta@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
I remember that we had discussed this, but did we agree on this proposal ?

>> Scott: Would it be clean enough (and simpler) to collapse the the xmlXAncestors parameters into a single parameter and just apply "combine" to only xml:base? Is there a need to use different rules for different attributes?

Seems like the various "modes" sort of go together given how the earlier algorithms work.

How about a new parameter "xmlAncestors" whose values can be

"inheritAll" : Simulate Canonical XML 1.0 behavior, which inherits all the attributes

"inherit" : Simulate the Canonical XML 1.1 behavior, where you inherit the inheritable attributes and combine the xml:base

"none" : Simulate Exc Canonical XML 1.0 behavior

Pratik