W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > February 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-02-16

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:03:17 -0500
Message-Id: <349E4423-3EFB-4B06-864E-F8A4A112F296@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting #58,   16 February  
2010  Distributed Meeting

Logistics details at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review, Meeting   
Planning, Liaisons, Announcements

1a) Announcements

No teleconference 16 or 23 March.

2) Minutes Approval

Approve 9 February minutes

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-xmlsec-minutes.html

Proposed RESOLUTION: minutes from 9 Feb 2010 approved.

3) Editorial Updates

3a) XML Signature 2.0 and Canonical XML 2.0 status

4) Status update on Elliptic Curve discussions

Current status, next steps

5) Signature Properties  Proposed Update

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0022.html  
(Frederick)

Proposed RESOLUTION: Accept changes as proposed as Last Call non- 
substantive changes and update Signature Properties editors draft  
accordingly.

Status of follow up action from Juan Carlos, ACTION-518.

6) KeyInfoReference

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0005.html  
(Scott)

Any changes based on list discussion? Reasonable to create a small  
draft for this, perhaps titled "XML Signature KeyInfo Extensions"?

Proposed RESOLUTION: Accept proposal in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0005.html 
   and create new draft applicable to 1.1 and 2.0?

Action to create draft using ReSpec?

7) XML Encryption 1.1

7a) ISSUE-186 : What is the normative content of section 5.4.2? (PBKDF2)

status of ACTION-515, Aldrin, propose schema addition to XML  
Encryption 1.1 to address ISSUE-186?\

7b) ACTION-510 : Propose explanation of use of content vs. element in  
implementations [on Pratik Datta

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0018.html  
(Pratik)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0024.html

Proposed Action: Pratik to make proposal for changing XML Encryption  
1.1 to clarify content and element encryption

7c) ISSUE-180 -- Section 8 identifies Joseph Reagle as the contact for  
the XML Encryption media type.

ACTION-511 tlr, next steps,  status?

8) Last Call Comment/Proposal on XML Signature 1.1

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0019.html  
(Scott)

Proposed RESOLUTION: Accept proposed Last Call change in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0019.html 
  to address Last Call ISSUE-187

9) Action Review

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Feb/0014.html  
(Thomas)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Feb/0017.html  
(Frederick)

Proposed RESOLUTION: Close ACTION-332, ACTION-128, ACTION-171,  
ACTION-267

Any comment on ACTION-13, ACTION-257?

Proposed RESOLUTION: Close ACTION-13, ACTION-257

ACTION-238 and Ripe algorithms, see message 17.

Proposed ACTION: Draft proposal to add ECDSA-RIPEMD160 and  ECDSA- 
Whirlpool  to Security Algorithm Cross Reference.

10) Roadmap review

Please review the following and send comment on  member list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Feb/0018.html  
(Frederick)

11) Additional Action Review

11a) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before   
or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.
ACTION-332: Konrad Lanz to Review wording http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Jun/0075.html

ACTION-431: Thomas Roessler to Fix "they" in RFC2119 section  
throughout all documents

ACTION-485: Thomas Roessler to Review actions assigned to Konrad and  
summarize which can be closed and which need further action

ACTION-502: Scott Cantor to Propose new model for RetrievalMethod in 2.0

ACTION-505: Thomas Roessler to Update acknowledgements in Requirements  
1.1 and 2.0, also for Signature Properties

ACTION-513: Frederick Hirsch to Announce last call outside w3

ACTION-516: Scott Cantor to Make last call comment and proposed change

ACTION-517: Frederick Hirsch to Provide proposed update to Signature  
Properties document

11b) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

12)  Issue Review

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open

Volunteer to review issues?

13) Other Business

14) Adjourn

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

Scribing  list
----------------
Magnus Nyström, Microsoft (2 June, 2009)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (14 July 2009)
Bruce Rich, IBM (13 October 2009, 5 May 2009)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (20 October 2009, 13 May 2009 F2F pm)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (6 November 2009 F2F, 23 June 2009)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (6 November 2009 F2F, 13 May 2009 F2F am)
Cynthia Martin, MITRE (17 November 2009, 7 July 2009)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (24 Nov 2009, 8 Sept 2009)
John Wray, IBM (15 Dec 2009, 1 Sept 2009)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (5 January 2010, 5 November 2009 F2F)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 January 2010, 6 October 2009)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (25 January 2010)
Chris Solc, Adobe (26 January 2010, 8 December 2009)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (2 February 2010, 27 October 2009)
Aldrin d'Souza, EMC (9 Feb 2010)

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Scribe Instructions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

---
Received on Friday, 12 February 2010 23:03:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 12 February 2010 23:03:55 GMT