W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > December 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:44:02 +0100
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <FB4C1A89-4368-4C54-9A5F-B0BCD90194E9@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting #89,  14 December  2010  Distributed Meeting

Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review, Meeting  Planning, Liaisons, Announcements

1a) updated 2.0 requirements draft (ACTION-744), http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0044.html (Frederick)

1b) EXI Last Call comments closed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0054.html (Frederick)

1c) Response to Sampo re Exclusive C14N concerns

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0055.html (Frederick)

1d) Call scheduled for next week, 21 Dec, no call 28 December

1e) Update on ECC (Thomas)

2) Minutes Approval

Approve minutes, 7 December 2010

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/att-0043/minutes-2010-12-07.html

Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 7 December are approved.

3)   XPath Profile 

3a) Further Changes to Xpath profile for XML Signature

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0050.html (Pratik)

3b) Remaining XPath actions

ACTION-689 - Limit to xpath profile during xml signature 2.0 generation in 2.0 mode [on Pratik 

4) Signature 2.0 reorganization

4a) ACTION-740: Proposal on Selection algorithms/syntax

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0046.html (Scott)

4b) ACTION-741:Summarize schema issues with Verification elements

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0047.html (Scott)

4c) ACTION-742: Propose text regarding 6.7.1.1 and use of c14n2

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0048.html (Scott)

4d) Interaction between ID and XPath for XML Signature 2.0 Selection ACTION-737

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0052.html (Pratik)

4e) roadmap for separation of 2.0 material from 1.1 material in XML Signature 2.0 

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0059.html (Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0049.html (Magnus)

4f) Signature 2.0 Examples

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0051.html (Hal)

4g) Signature 2.0 wrapping attack

ACTION-538, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0005.html (Meiko)

"Once Pratik's Algorithm for extracting prefixes from XPaths and treating them as "visibly utilized" is put to the spec, I consider this action ready to be closed"

4h) Open Signature 2.0 status

ACTION-706 - Propose definition section text for Included/ExcludedXPath elements for XML Signature 2.0 [on Scott Cantor

Pending, resolution?

ACTION-709 - Incorporate Meiko's examples in the document - ISSUE-217

5) Best Practices

ACTION-716 - Propose text for xpath and best practices [on Meiko Jensen

6)   Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.

ACTION-548;	Ed to review XPath Profile	Ed Simon

ACTION-609;	Review Magic Signatures and comment	Ed Simon	

ACTION-678;	Add editorial warning about potential future changes to XPath subset	Pratik Datta	

ACTION-686;	Add sections on top-level expressions and predicate to XPath profile	Pratik Datta

ACTION-691;	Add security considerations section to xpath profile	Pratik Datta

ACTION-706;	Propose definition section text for Included/ExcludedXPath elements for XML Signature 2.0	Scott Cantor

ACTION-726;	Complete last call comment processing for exi, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010May/0062.html	Frederick Hirsch

ACTION-731;	Respond to Sampo re http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Nov/0010.html	Frederick Hirsch

ACTION-733;	Implement change for ACTION-638	Scott Cantor

ACTION-736;	Add grammar to XPath profile	Pratik Datta	

ACTION-738;	Summarize roadmap if we were to have multiple document approach for 2.0 with respect to 1.1	Frederick Hirsch

ACTION-739;	Update 2.0 processing rules to separate 2.0 and compatibility mode as proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Dec/0017.html	Frederick Hirsch
	
ACTION-740;	Provide proposal for change to selection section use of type/subtype, algorithm usages	Scott Cantor

ACTION-741;	Summarize schema issues with Verification elements	Scott Cantor

ACTION-742;	Propose text regarding 6.7.1.1 and use of c14n2	Scott Cantor

ACTION-743;	Look for soap example from sx examples document suitable for 2.0, showing qnames, eg. xsi:type and use of ids	Hal Lockhart		

ACTION-744;	Implement change to 2.0 requirements document, to Remove section 3.2.3, Replace "some grammar" with "a mechanism" in section 3.2.2	Frederick Hirsch

7) Other Business

8) Adjourn

Scribing  list
----------------
Pratik Datta, Oracle (27 July 2010, 20 October 2009)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (17 August 2010, 2 February 2010, 27 October 2009)
Thomas Roessler (31 August 2010, 4 May, 2010, 20 April 2010)
Magnus Nyström, Microsoft (7 Sept 2010, 27 April, 2010, 2 June, 2009)
Chris Solc, Adobe (14 Sept 2010, 26 January 2010, 8 December 2009)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (28 Sept 2010, 7 Sept 2010, 6 November 2009 F2F, 23 June 2009)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (19 October 2010, 25 May 2010, 6 November 2009 F2F)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (19 October 2010, 31 August 2010, 1 June 2010, 24 Nov 2009)
Meiko Jensen (2 November 2010 F2F,  21 Sept 2010, 11 May, 2010)
Bruce Rich, IBM (1 & 2 November 2010 F2F, 30 March 2010)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (16 November 2010, 10 August 2010, 22 June 2010, 13 April 2010)
Cynthia Martin, MITRE (30 November 2010, 26 October 2010, 6 July 2010, 2 March 2010)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (7 December 2010, 15 June 2010, 25 January 2010)

Not seen recently:
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (14 July 2009)
John Wray, IBM (15 Dec 2009, 1 Sept 2009)
Sean Mullan, Oracle (12 January 2010, 6 October 2009)
Aldrin d'Souza, EMC (9 Feb 2010)
Karel Wouters IBBT, (9 March 2010)

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')

IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec

Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>
---
regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 13 December 2010 23:44:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 13 December 2010 23:44:45 GMT