RE: Action-539: review C14N2.0

From: Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:17:44 -0400
To: "'Pratik Datta'" <pratik.datta@oracle.com>
Cc: "'XMLSec WG Public List'" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
> It is very difficult to determine when whitespace is significant. Even
> whitespace outside of leaf nodes may be significant.
>
> For example in this XHTML snippet

Certainly XHTML is a pathological example of something you'd never use the
option with.

What I was saying on the call was that even for something I'm intimately
familiar with like SAML, it's a stretch to say that it's *never* significant
inside element content. But it usually isn't, and this is something one
could imagine flipping on by default and letting people that really need to
do something weird turn off.