Re: Action-539: review C14N2.0

From: Karel Wouters <karel.wouters@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:34:35 +0200
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
two questions regarding the trimTextNode:

1) when an XML signature is embedded in a XML document that includes
xml:space=preserve in the root element, will that break the signature if
trimTextNode=true, supposing some trimming was performed?
If so, is this desirable behaviour?

2) Why was this feature - trimTextNode - introduced in the first place?
If a party, producing XML, includes some whitespace in a textnode,
should C14N just discard it, because it decides that this whitespace
must be meaningless? Maybe it's valuable to just post the argumentation
for it to this mailinglist, for the record. (or maybe add it in the
document)

just my 2 cents,

Karel.