Transforms for XML Encryption - propose to close ISSUE-135

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:05:15 -0400
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
re ISSUE-135 - review transforms for XML Encryption

I think this issue is to see if the CipherReference requires
transforms [1]:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-core-11/Overview.htm#sec-CipherReference

Given that the purpose of the CipherReference is to obtain the
encrypted octets, it doesn't seem useful to produce them without
transformation.

  I suggest we close this ISSUE with no action unless someone has
another suggestion, the resolution being that there is no need for
change.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Jun/att-0051/09-xmlsec-minutes.html#item07