Updated requirements documents - please review before F2F

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:57:53 -0400
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
I have updated the requirements documents as agreed on our last call
[1], but additional changes are probably needed. Please review them
before our F2F.

(1) I have retitled the original requirements document to be "XML
Security 1.1 Requirements and Design Considerations" .

Changes include: Focus on 1.1 requirements, add widget security,
remove long term signature, remove web services (move to 2.0
requirements), remove Transforms section (2.0). Editorial fixes,
change title. As agreed by WG for proposal, but kept needed references
and change log.

Please review

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

We might consider whether the shortname "xmlsec-reqs" is appropriate,
or whether it should be "xmlsec-reqs11"

(2) I also restructured the transformation simplification document,
changing the title to "XML Security 2.0 Requirements and Design
Considerations"

Changes include: Restructured sections (ordering etc), changed title,
add web services. Revision of text regarding backward compatibility.
Incorporated principles from 1.1 requirements (duplication). Minor
editorial changes, enabled change log for now. Update section 3.3.2.5
"Enable optional prefix rewriting" pre revised proposal after Pratik's
comment [2]

Please review

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/transform-note/Overview.html

Should we change the shortname from "xmldsig-simplify" to "xmlsec-
reqs20" ?

This should complete ACTION-417.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Oct/att-0022/27-xmlsec-minutes.html#item07

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Oct/0066.html