W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > March 2009

Agenda: Distributed Meeting 2009-03-24 v2

From: Nokia-CIC/Boston <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:00:00 -0400
Message-Id: <62196C42-201A-458B-A286-903C1150E427@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 24 March 2009
Distributed Meeting #25

v2 added agenda items 3b, 5b, 5c, 6b, add actions 235 and 237 to  
pending list.

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Warning:
This week's call (and through 29 March) 1 hour earlier outside the US:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Mar/0000.html

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted
to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Draft deliverables (both editors drafts and latest publications) are
available at
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets:

see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)   Scott Cantor is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate
through this list.

Scribe Instructions:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting 31 March, Ed Simon is scheduled to scribe.
7 April 2009, Hal Lockhart  is scheduled to scribe.

1c) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Updated public page
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Mar/0018.html
(Frederick)

1d) Announcements

Please complete F2F Registration (12-13 May) Questionnaire

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Mar/0017.html

2) Minutes Approval

Minutes from 17 March 2009, for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-xmlsec-minutes.html

3) Editorial updates

3a) Updated the Signature 1.1 Editors draft to make Exclusive
Canonicalization omitting comments required
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0037.html
(Frederick)

3b) OCSPResponse fix, schema changes

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2009Mar/0024.html 
  (Magnus)

4) 1.1 Interop Planning

Review WG members ability to participate, planning for interop.


5) 1.1 Topics

5a) XML Signature 1.1 Curve Validation Proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0041.html
( Magnus)

5b) Add ECKey value as child of KeyValueType

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0047.html  
(Magnus)

5c) SubjectPublicKeyInfo proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0046.html  
(Scott)

6) Signature 2.0

6a) Transform Simplification - Explanation of section 4.5

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0038.html
(Pratik)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0039.html
(Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0042.html
(Pratik)

6b) questions to address

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0045.html  
(Scott)

7)  Issue review

a) Compatibility and versioning

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Feb/0120.html
(Konrad)

b) Namespace undeclarations

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Feb/0114.html
(Konrad)

c-i) Requirements as Issues
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0016.html
(Gerald)
c) ISSUE-31 Role for XML processing instruction, if any
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/31
d) ISSUE-32 Define metadata that needs to be conveyed with signature,
e.g. profile information
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/32
e) ISSUE-34 Versioning and compatibility requirements, namespace
versioning policy
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/34
f) ISSUE-37 Simplified c14n for signing versus more general c14n, e.g.
not produce compliant xml document
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/37
g) ISSUE-38 Profile for signature processing for non-XML or for
constrained XML requirements
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/38
h) ISSUE-45 Signing with multiple intended receivers, and/or long
lived signatures
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/45
i) ISSUE-51 Effects of schema normalization on signature verification
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/51

8) Best Practices

8a)  Earlier comments from Juan Carlos

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/best-practices/comments-bhill-jcc.html
  (Edited document)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0020.html
(Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0030.html
(Juan Carlos)

9)  Action Item and Issue Review

9a) Close Pending actions
[pending review] ACTION-224: Thomas Roessler to Add as Optional AES
Key Wrap with padding as proposed by tlr for editors draft of 1.1 post
FPWD - due 2009-03-17 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/224


[pending review] ACTION-225: Kelvin Yiu to Propose text for a note
potentially to be added to XMLDSIG provide recommendation for the two
higher security level curves with reference - due 2009-03-03 [on v11]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/225


[pending review] ACTION-227: Brian LaMacchia to Draft text encryption
algorithms regarding ECC algorithms and what curves should be used -
due 2009-03-10 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/227


[pending review] ACTION-230: Thomas Roessler to Prepare registration
questionnaire for face-to-face - due 2009-03-24 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/230


[pending review] ACTION-234: Frederick Hirsch to Update XMLDsig with
mandating exclusive c14n - due 2009-03-24 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/234

[pending review] ACTION-235: Scott Cantor to Propose to the list new  
proposal on including ASN.1 encoded SubjPubKeyInfo - due 2009-03-24  
[on v11]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/235


[pending review] ACTION-237: Scott Cantor to Highlight critical issues  
around the proposed c14n simplifications - maybe frame as questions  
for group to think about. - due 2009-03-24 [on v.next (Design for XML  
Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/237



9b) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

10) Other Business

11) Adjourn

Scribing  list
----------------
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am, 21 October 2008 F2F am)
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft (21 October 2008 F2F, pm)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (18 November 2008)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008, 2 December 2008)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (9 December 2008)
John Wray, IBM (16 December 2008)
Phillip Hallam-Baker, Verisign (F2F 13 January 2009, am)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (F2F 13 January 2009, pm)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ( F2F 14 January 2009, pm)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft ( F2F 14 January 2009, pm)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (27 January 2009)
Sean Mullan, Sun (3 February 2009)
Pratik Datta, Oracle ( F2F 14 January 2009, pm, 10 February 2009)
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (24 February 2009, 16 July F2F am)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (17
February 2009, 16 September 2008)
Chris Solc, Adobe (3 March 2009, 20 October 2008 F2F am)
Robert Miller, MITRE (10 March 2009, 20 October 2008 F2F pm)
Magnus Nyström, EMC (17 March 2009, 11 November 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 23 March 2009 15:15:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:57 GMT