Re: To be resolved: is ISSUE-57 [name of element in end tag /] still important?

From: Pratik Datta <pratik.datta@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:48:40 -0800
To: "Edgar, Gerald" <gerald.edgar@boeing.com>
CC: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
I added this as a proposal in the Transform document
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-simplify-20090226/#canonicalization-element

See Section 4.4, bullet 4 about at the "serialization" attribute

|serialization| whether to output in regular XML format, or some kind of
compact XML format. A compact XML would result in fewer bytes going to
the digestor which would speed it up. EXI is one such format. Another
suggested format is to remove the tag name from the closing tag. i.e.

Pratik