Re: ACTION-319: Split DH Key agreement between new & legacy KDFs

From: Magnus Nyström <magnus@rsa.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:16:47 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
To: Brian LaMacchia <bal@exchange.microsoft.com>
cc: "public-xmlsec@w3.org" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Brian, all,

I had a look at this change and would like to make some minor (editorial)

Section 5.6.2:

- Replace:

"Use of Diffie-Hellman with "new" KDFs is described in Section"

"Use of Diffie-Hellman with explicit KDFs is described in Section"

(Note: I have already made the reference correction above; this is about
replacing "new" with "explicit")

- Replace:

"However, if implemented, such implementations MUST support the Legacy Key
Derviation Function and SHOULD support new Key Derivation Functions."

"However, if implemented, such implementations MUST support the Legacy Key
Derivation Function and SHOULD support use of explicit Key Derivation

- Replace title with:

Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement with explicit Key Derivation Functions

- I agree with you on the example, maybe we could use the ECDH with
   derived keys example in 5.6.4 as a basis?

-- Magnus