RE: Updated XML Encryption 1.1 and XML Signature 1.1 Editors Drafts

From: Edgar, Gerald <gerald.edgar@boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:01:26 -0800
To: "XMLSec WG Public List" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>

 While we reference much of what is in NSA Suite B we do not reference
that set of algorithms directly.

The NSA uses references of

Digital Signature:
Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm - FIPS 186-2
(using the curves with 256 and 384-bit prime moduli)

Secure Hash Algorithm - FIPS 180-2
(using SHA-256 and SHA-384)

Do the references used in the drafts cover both of these?

We could also use the recommendations in "Suite B" for key lengths. To
rephrase that is there we could say:
"Use of AES with 256-bit keys, the 384-bit prime modulus elliptic curve,
and SHA-384 provides a basis for a high level of information security."

Gerald Edgar, CISSP
Enterprise Architecture & Information Security