Re: shortnames for upcoming drafts (objections by EOB Wednesday; ACTION-221)

On 18 Feb 2009, at 00:24, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> I propose that we use the following shortnames for the upcoming WDs:
>
> - XML Encryption 1.1  	xmlenc-core11
> - XML Signature 1.1   	xmldsig-core11

Strike that -- after discussion with the Comm Team, the suggestion is
that we use the following scheme for these URIs (for XML Signature;
equivalent for XML Encryption):

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core points to the latest XML
Signature recommendation, whether it's 1.x or 2.0 doesn't matter.
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1 points to the latest document
(WD, Rec, ...) in the XML Signature 1.x series of specs.
3. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core2 pointes to the latest document
in the XML Signature 2.x series of specs.

In addition, we would include a link to the latest XML Signature
recommendation in the xmldsig-core1 Working Draft.