W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > April 2009

Agenda: Distributed Meeting 2009-04-21 v2

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:04 -0400
Message-Id: <2CFFF712-5A40-4D80-A98D-E8029F1137D5@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 21 April 2009
Distributed Meeting #28

v2 update regrets, update meeting planning, add roadmap planning, add  
items for Proposed Errata, XPath Filter; revised issues list agenda  
items, add canonicalization discussion

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted
to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Roadmap and status of Draft deliverables (both editors drafts and
latest publications) are
available at
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/RoadmapandPublicationStatus

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: Brad Hill, Brian LaMacchia

see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Kelvin Yiu  is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate
through this list.

Scribe Instructions:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting: 21 April, John Wray is scheduled to scribe.
5 May, Bruce Rich is scheduled to scribe.

Resolve to cancel 30 June teleconference.
Resolve not to hold meetings in August.

1c) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Sent revised question regarding elliptic curve to Web Applications WG
and made request for feedback on Web Applications teleconference
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0026.html

1d) Announcements

i) Please complete F2F Registration (12-13 May) Questionnaire

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Mar/0017.html

ii) Widget Signature published, please review now.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Mar/0061.html

2) Minutes Approval

Minutes from 7 April 2009, for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-xmlsec-minutes.html

3) Editorial update status (Completed and pending)

Please remember to send note to public list when completing editing,
indicating what has changed and associated action. Please mark action
as pending as well.

3a) Updated XML Signature 1.1 for ISSUE-96
replace should with SHOULD, In 4.4.2.3 XML Signature 1.1
"the OID should be encoded according to RFC3061"
done, see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.htm#sec-ECKeyValue

4) Roadmap and publication planning

4a) Updated wiki with Roadmap and Publication status, added link to
public home page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/RoadmapandPublicationStatus

Please edit wiki with corrections or improvements.

4b) Plan going forward

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Apr/0005.html  
(member only list)

4c) Interop status and planning

Schedule review.

5) XPath Filter Transform and Namespace Declarations for Qualified Nodes

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0025.html  
(Ed Simon)

6) Issue Review

6a) Proposal to close issues

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0029.html  
(Frederick)

6b) Elliptic Curve issues

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0032.html  
(Frederick)

6c) Disposition of WS-I BSP review

ISSUE-9, Review WS-I BSP constraints on DSig

6d) Processing Instructions

Keep proposal on table or remove from consideration?

Close ISSUE-114, Are Processing Instructions suitable technology to use?

Next step?

7) Requirements

7a) Request to review requirements

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0031.html  
(Frederick)

7b) Requirements issues

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0031.html   
(Frederick)

8) Proposed Errata

8a) No need for XML Encryption errata

ISSUE-88, Spelling errors in XML Encryption Recommendation

Spelling corrections and text clarifications will be in XML Encryption  
1.1
Does WG agree no errata needed for long-standing original XML  
Encryption?

8b) Other errata topics

9) Canonicalization Approach

9a) use of Exclusive C14N as starting point

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0028.html  
(Thomas)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Apr/0030.html  
(Pratik)

9b) Review Exclusive C14N and Inclusive C14N

Walk through documents?

10)  Action Item and Issue Review

10a) Close Pending actions

[pending review] ACTION-252: Frederick Hirsch to Place on agenda item  
for ISSUE-61, ISSUE-63, ACTION-13 - due 2009-04-13 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/252

[pending review] ACTION-258: Frederick Hirsch to Share with web apps   
pointer to suite b docs - due 2009-04-14 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/258

10b) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

11) Other Business

12) Adjourn

Scribing  list
----------------
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am, 21 October 2008 F2F am)
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft (21 October 2008 F2F, pm)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (9 December 2008)
John Wray, IBM (16 December 2008)
Phillip Hallam-Baker, Verisign (F2F 13 January 2009, am)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ( F2F 14 January 2009, pm)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft ( F2F 14 January 2009, pm)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (27 January 2009)
Sean Mullan, Sun (3 February 2009)
Pratik Datta, Oracle ( F2F 14 January 2009, pm, 10 February 2009)
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (24 February 2009, 16 July F2F am)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (17
February 2009, 16 September 2008)
Chris Solc, Adobe (3 March 2009, 20 October 2008 F2F am)
Robert Miller, MITRE (10 March 2009, 20 October 2008 F2F pm)
Magnus Nyström, EMC (17 March 2009, 11 November 2008)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (24 March 2009, 29 July 2008, 2 December
2008)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (31 March 2009, 18 November 2008)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (7 April 2009, F2F 13 January 2009, pm)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 20 April 2009 19:35:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:58 GMT