ISSUE-67: xslt transform revision?

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:24:49 +0200
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
ISSUE-67 notes that the XSLT transform translates octet-stream into
octet-stream.

We've made that much more clear in the specification and in the
transform note.

The open question in the way of our closing this issue is:

1. Is there a way to rephrase this transform in terms of nodeset-to-
nodeset transformations that wouldn't require intermediary
canonicalization steps?  This is actually likely a question to the
XSLT WG, not a question we can answer ourselves.

2. What are the requirements for an XSLT transform *IF* one is defined
in a v2 model?  I.e., do we need a serialization step in there or not?

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>