W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > September 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting #7 2008-09-16 v2

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:23:51 -0400
Message-Id: <2468888E-884A-42AD-BA3C-44B5C0083DD1@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG XMLSec W3C <public-xmlsec@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 16 September  2008
Distributed Meeting #7

v2 add XProc joint call to coordination section (3f), add Web  
Services Security (6a), KeyInfo errata discussion (new 7), new issue 52,
update pending/open actions.

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: None

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Juan Carlos Cruellas is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

     Scribe Instructions:
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting 23 September.  Rob Miller  is scheduled to scribe.

2) Joint discussion with XSL WG members regarding XPath

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0015.html

3) Liaisons and Coordination

3a) TPAC F2F Scheduling

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0004.html

3b) XForms

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0003.html

3c) EXI

2-2:30 Monday 20 October for joint session (tentative)

3d) XML Core

Namespace prefix undeclarations update

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0016.html

3e) Schema

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0012.html

3f) Xproc

Discussion next week on joint teleconference, 23 September (during  
second half of regularly scheduled XML Security WG call).

4)  Minutes Approval

4a)  Minutes from 9 September 2008  for approval:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/att-0017/ 
XML_Security_Working_Group_Teleconference_--_09_Sep_2008.htm

5) Best Practices

5a) Draft updated

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0013.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0014.html

5b) Additional updates (Scott/Brad?)

5c) Draft publication plan

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0030.html

6)  Use Cases and Requirements

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

  Review additional proposals

6a) Web Services Security (Hal)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0036.html

7) Errata  - KeyInfo

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0032.html  
(Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0033.html  
(Brian)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0034.html  
(Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0035.html  
(Brian)

Reference PKIX?
Require DER encoding as a constraint?
Clarifications related tof ds:CryptoBinary?
Other actions?

8) v.next


9) Issues List

Procedure for creating issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#issues

9a) New issues
[OPEN] ISSUE-52 scantor: Rules for syntax of KeyInfo child elements  
should be unambiguous [on Errata-XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/52


9b) Issues List review

Status of current issues list

10) Completed Actions Pending Review

These actions have been completed (marked as pending review by owner  
of action) and may be closed if WG agrees.

Actions pending review are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/ 
2008/xmlsec/track/actions/pendingreview

[pending review] ACTION-27: Robert Miller to contact crypto hardware  
and suiteB experts in NSA regarding XML Security WG and possible  
involvement - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/27

[pending review] ACTION-31: Thomas Roessler to Investigate ebXML  
liaison (see ACTION-6) - due 2008-08-18 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/31
[pending review] ACTION-39: Hal Lockhart to Contribute web service  
related scenario - due 2008-08-24 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and  
Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/39
[pending review] ACTION-42: Thomas Roessler to Elaborate on "any  
document" requirement vs canonicalizing xml:base - due 2008-08-26 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/42


11) Open Action item review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/ 
track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

[open] ACTION-2: Thomas Roessler to Update XML Signature errata to  
reflect RFC version's reference changes, based on input from Don  
Eastlake - due 2008-08-18 [on Errata-XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/2
[open] ACTION-4: Frederick Hirsch to Arrange joint F2F meetings - due  
2008-08-17 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/4
[open] ACTION-13: Konrad Lanz to Review streaming using 2nd edition  
Signature - due 2008-08-18 [on Sig (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/13
[open] ACTION-19: Gerald Edgar to Evaluate Issues and Actions for  
appropriate placement - due 2008-08-18 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/19
[open] ACTION-22: Ed Simon to Review EXI docs that were published -  
due 2008-08-18 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/22
[open] ACTION-24: Scott Cantor to Review schema for improvements -  
due 2008-08-25 [on Sig (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/24
[open] ACTION-29: Gerald Edgar to test Issues entry and list  
generation - due 2008-08-18 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/29
[open] ACTION-30: to Update xmlsec public page to include top  
information like original xml security public pages - due 2008-08-18  
[on WG-Web Site]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/30
[open] ACTION-32: Kelvin Yiu to Document requirements and assumptions  
in simple signing strawman - due 2008-08-18 [on Rqmts (XML Signature  
and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/32
[open] ACTION-36: Brian LaMacchia to Take a look at NIST document -  
due 2008-08-25 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/36
[open] ACTION-38: Brian LaMacchia to Enlist kelvin to write up  
scenarios he's interested in; split of classes - due 2008-08-25 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/38
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/39
[open] ACTION-47: Thomas Roessler to Add http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 
Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jun/0021.html to c14n 1.1 errata  
page - due 2008-09-01 [on Errata-C14N]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/47
[open] ACTION-51: Konrad Lanz to Provide proposal on list regarding  
transform primitives - due 2008-09-01 [on Sig (Design for XML  
Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/51
[open] ACTION-52: Konrad Lanz to Attempt summarizing recent  
discussions as input for design document - due 2008-09-01 [on Sig  
(Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/52
[open] ACTION-53: Pratik Datta to Review comments from Scott and  
propose document change, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public- 
xmlsec/2008Aug/0054.html - due 2008-09-08 [on Best Practices for XML  
Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/53
[open] ACTION-54: Robert Miller to Provide a presentation to the  
working group introducing NVDL. - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/54
[open] ACTION-55: Bruce Rich to Check with WS-Federation regarding  
XML Signature 2nd edition references - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/55
[open] ACTION-56: Scott Cantor to Propose text for KeyInfo processing  
in best practices. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/ 
2008Sep/0014.html - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/56
[open] ACTION-57: Bruce Rich to Review best practices document from  
implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/57
[open] ACTION-58: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review best practices  
document from implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/58
[open] ACTION-59: Pratik Datta to Review best practices document from  
implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/59
[open] ACTION-60: Konrad Lanz to Review best practices document from  
implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/60
[open] ACTION-61: Brian LaMacchia to Review best practices document  
from implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/61
[open] ACTION-62: Sean Mullan to Review best practices document from  
implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/62
[open] ACTION-63: Robert Miller to Review best practices document  
from implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/63
[open] ACTION-64: Chris Solc to Review best practices document from  
implementation standpoint - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/64
[open] ACTION-65: Chris Solc to Document use case and semantics of  
byte-range signatures. - due 2008-09-15 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/65


12) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------

Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ()
Gerald Edgar, Boeing ()
Robert Miller, MITRE ()
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
Chris Solc, Adobe (17 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (2 September 2008)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (9 September 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 15 September 2008 21:24:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:54 GMT