W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > November 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2008-11-04 v2

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 12:06:52 -0500
Message-Id: <008DA2A2-7843-4665-88D8-496B93F97B4A@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 4 November  2008
Distributed Meeting #10

v2 add Shivaram as scribe, added transform simplification note,  
discussion of documents.

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted  
to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: Thomas Roessler
see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Shivaram Mysore is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

Scribe Instructions:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

25 November, 23 December, 30 December 2008 Teleconferences have been  
cancelled

1c) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

SSTC discussion ongoing regarding certificate encoding.
WS-SX fixed C14N URL, added references for C14N11 and XML Signature  
2nd Edition
WS-Policy issue raised but not resolved, WG may close at year end.

2) Minutes Approval

2a)  Minutes from F2F 20-21 October  2008  for approval:

Please review the minutes

http://www.w3.org/2008/10/20-xmlsec-minutes

http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-xmlsec-minutes

3) Transform Simplification

See (and please comment and propose material for) draft note,
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/transform-note/Overview.html

mail discussion:

John Boyer
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0046.html

Pratik
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0047.html

John Boyer
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0048.html

4) Document list

One requirements document, or set of focused documents with  
requirements and design considerations?

5) Action Review

5a) Pending Actions to be closed

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-pending.html
[pending review] ACTION-75: Frederick Hirsch to Schedule XProc follow- 
up at Cannes F2F - due 2008-10-14 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/75

[pending review] ACTION-84: Frederick Hirsch to Edit proposed  
principles section, update title and document contents - due  
2008-10-27 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/84

[pending review] ACTION-93: Frederick Hirsch to Write a draft for w3c  
note outlining Signature transform simplification for v.next - due  
2008-10-28 [on v.next (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/93

5b) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately

[open] ACTION-2: Thomas Roessler to Update XML Signature errata to  
reflect RFC version's reference changes, based on input from Don  
Eastlake - due 2008-12-31 [on Errata-XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/2

[open] ACTION-13: Konrad Lanz to Review streaming using 2nd edition  
Signature - due 2008-08-19 [on v.next (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/13

[open] ACTION-24: Scott Cantor to Review schema for improvements - due  
2008-08-26 [on ISSUE-43]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/24

[open] ACTION-30: Shivaram Mysore to Update xmlsec public page to  
include top information like original xml security public pages - due  
2008-08-19 [on WG-Web Site]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/30

[open] ACTION-52: Konrad Lanz to Attempt summarizing recent  
discussions as input for design document - due 2008-09-02 [on v.next  
(Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/52
[open] ACTION-55: Bruce Rich to Check with WS-Federation regarding XML  
Signature 2nd edition references - due 2008-09-16 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/55

[open] ACTION-66: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up with xsl to get  
documents related to serialization - due 2008-09-23 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/66

[open] ACTION-77: Sean Mullan to Update best practices document for  
section titles - due 2008-10-14 [on Best Practices for XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/77

[open] ACTION-82: Thomas Roessler to Propose specific erratum for  
ISSUE-50 - due 2008-11-30 [on dsig example typo]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/82

[open] ACTION-83: Thomas Roessler to Prepare best practices for  
publication - due 2008-11-30 [on Best Practices for XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/83

[open] ACTION-85: Chris Solc to Update the proposal on a ByteRange  
Transform - due 2008-10-27 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and  
Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/85

[open] ACTION-86: Kelvin Yiu to Clean up proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0032.html 
  - due 2008-10-27 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V  
Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/86

[open] ACTION-87: Thomas Roessler to Add link to comment list to  
public page - due 2008-11-30 [on WG-Web Site]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/87

[open] ACTION-88: Ed Simon to Lookk at the EXI use cases - due  
2008-10-27 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/88

[open] ACTION-89: Thomas Roessler to Update homepage with information  
test suites - due 2008-11-30 [on WG-Web Site]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/89

[open] ACTION-90: Kelvin Yiu to Provide a draft for the requirements  
document of the simple signing requirements. - due 2008-10-27 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/90

[open] ACTION-91: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Provide a draft for the  
requirements document for long term signatures. - due 2008-10-27 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/91

[open] ACTION-92: Kelvin Yiu to Propose text for note providing an  
index to XML Security URIs - due 2008-10-27 [on URI index Note for XML  
Security ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/92


[open] ACTION-94: Kelvin Yiu to Provide draft note on new algorithms  
for 1.1 - due 2008-10-28 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization  
V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/94


[open] ACTION-95: Thomas Roessler to Introduce Kelvin to W3C spec  
editing - due 2008-11-30 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/95


[open] ACTION-96: Thomas Roessler to Send kelvin information about  
editing tools - due 2008-11-30 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/96


[open] ACTION-97: Pratik Datta to Add transforms requirements material  
to requirements draft - due 2008-10-22 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and  
Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/97


[open] ACTION-98: Konrad Lanz to Draft database certificate use case  
and requirements for document, share on mail list - due 2008-10-22 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/98

6) Issues list review

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open

7) Best Practices

7a) Defer work on titles, ACTION-77 (Sean)


http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0028.html

7b) Defer issue from Juan Carlos?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0020.html

8) Requirements

8a) Requirements document updated

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

8b) Additional discussion

9) Other Business

10) Adjourn

Scribing  list (to be updated)
----------------
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (2 September 2008)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (9 September 2008)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (16  
September 2008)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (7 October 2008)
Chris Solc, Adobe (20 October 2008 F2F am)
Robert Miller, MITRE (20 October 2008 F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am, 21 October 2008 F2F am)
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft (21 October 2008 F2F, pm)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 3 November 2008 17:08:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:55 GMT